In our new developments, we have to contend with increasingly complex fluids (asphaltenes, waxy or corrosive crudes, etc.) and more and more difficult architectures (ultra-deep, long tie-backs, high pressure, high temperature, operations in hydrate zones, treatment on the seabed, and so on).
OUR EXPERTS’ SOLUTIONS
Our specialists in physical chemistry and corrosion have access to state-of-the-art installations to meet these new challenges. They can offer optimized solutions to our affiliates and partners across the globe.
Our laboratory is fully equipped to characterize fluids and deposits (organic and mineral), perform corrosion tests and select materials and additives. Our teams also have access to a large number of pilots to simulate fluid behavior and additive efficiency, predict the presence of hydrates (compounds formed by the association of water and another substance that can have a plugging effect and slow down, or even stop, well production) and mitigate their impact, or choose membranes for water treatment, and more.
Our teams’ expert knowledge combined with the cutting-edge equipment of our laboratories enable us to:
- Rapidly pass on R&D results for new developments and producing fields.
- Rapidly identify the risks posed by fluids owing to an integrated flow assurance approach that helps optimize the choice of development concepts and speed up the execution of new projects while bringing down costs.
- Test and select the most effective chemicals for limiting problems in operations. Chemical treatment programs are also defined in-house to avoid any conflicts of interest with chemicals suppliers.
- Guarantee that the materials selected for new developments are always fit for purpose. The range of available materials is expanding, and new products are tested and selected in-house.
Our affiliates’ laboratory and treatment teams can count on our competencies and support in training, on-site measures, laboratory audits and expert assessments of damage.
For more information:
- Best Innovators 2019 : Cold hull repair, an innovative solution for FPSOS
- Le robot Jacket Crawler : Steps in for hazardous jobs
- Increasingly effective recovery techniques
- Innovative programs around strategic themes